Sunday 13 February 2011

Technical Guitar Drawings

To help me to illustrate my guitars for each of my books i decided to gather some research on technical guitar drawings. I thought this would help me to look at what i was drawing in a different perspective, illustrating the outlines of the shapes that make up the guitar rather than viewing it as a whole.






After looking at some technical guitar drawings to get ideas for my own illustrations i stumbled across a very useful visual source on a font website. Whilst browsing on Dafont.com i found some dingbats that were based on the shapes of guitars called DJ stringed. The pictures below are some screen shots of the dingbats, this is how I imagine my designs to turn out, using 1 colour and blocking out the main shapes of the guitar individually.