Daytime: The time between dawn and dusk; the day as distinct from evening or night
Nighttime: The time between sunset and sunrise.
I started to research the stages of the moon over each month and how the moon changes in the sky. I thought this imagery once adapted would look really nice over my three posters. The moon is something everybody sees when they look out of their window at night and the sun is seen by everybody when they look out of the window during the day.
- Mean Distance of Moon from Earth - 238,712 mi (384,400 km)
- Greatest Distance of Moon from Earth (Apogee) - 252,586 mi (406,740 km) Shortest Distance of Moon from Earth (Perigee) - 221,331 mi (356,410 km)
- Circumference - 6,790 mi. (10,930 km.) 0.27 of Earth's circumference
- Diameter - 2,160 mi. (3,476 km.) 0.27 of Earth's diameter
- Mean Radius - 1,079 mi. (1,737.5 km.)
- Equatorial Radius - 1,079 mi. (1,738 km.)
- Polar Radius - 1,077 mi. (1,735 km.)
- Mean Angular Diameter - 31' 07"
- Mass - 8 x 10 (19) tons (7.35 x 10 (22) kg)
- Mass Ratio (Earth Moon) - 81.301
- Volume - 2.1958 x 10(10)km³
- Mean Density - 208 lb/ft³ (3.34 g/cm³) 0.6 Earth's density
Diameter: 1.4 million km (870,000 miles)
Age: 4.5 billion years
Mass: 330,000 x Earth
Distance from Earth: 149.6 million km (93 million miles)
Distance to Nearest Star: 4.3 light years
Solar Wind Speed: 3 million km/hr.
Luminosity: 390 billion billion megawatts
Solar Cycle: 8 - 11 years
Temperature at surface: 5,500o C (9,932o F)
Temperature at Core: 14 milliono C (22.5 milliono F)
Temperature of Sunspots: 4,000o C (7,232o F)
Rotation Period at Equator: 25 Earth days
Rotation Period at Poles: 35 Earth days